Most of us want to reduce the size of images stored in our computers either to save space or to post them online. Sometimes we need it while applying for some job/recruitment and need a scanned photo
( size below 20 KB / 12 KB / 10 KB ) to upload on the official site. If the photo is above the specified limit it may be rejected. Advanced users know how to reduce image size by using image editing tools. But novice users find it difficult to make 20 kb photo size in pixels for images.
How to Reduce Photo Size Less than 20 KB
Here we are providing a simple tool that will help you to reduce the image size online. Using it you can change the photo to a specified dimension and also check its preview. Reducing the image size has never been so easy. If you find this tool helpful then you are most welcome to comment on this photo size converter in kb tool.
Reducing the image size is not an easy task for those who don’t know much about image editing. But its an easy task using this image size reducer tool. Photo convert into 50kb is now kid’s play. Just upload the file that you want to reduce and its smaller version (with reduced size) in seconds. Just download that reduced size image and use it where ever you want.
Till now I have received various comments who have found this image size reducing applet useful. You can recommend it to your those friends who don’t have sufficient knowledge of image editing and they will never ask you again how to reduce image size and make 50 kb photo size in pixels.
You can reduce the image size by using a Windows Paint. But it is not as perfect as the tool provided above. If you want to know how to use MS Paint to photo convert into 20 kb then here is how you can do this.
Paint the most popular image editing tool which is available in Microsoft Windows. Sometimes people struggle with different software to reduce the Image File Size. However, Paint can’t do some complex tasks but it can reduce the image size by resizing it. Here resizing means that you can reduce the pixels in the image and thus reduce its size.
How to Reduce Image File Size in Paint
I am using Windows 8 Paint to reduce the image file size. But the steps described here are almost the same in all windows. Follow the following steps to reduce the size of an image file.
- Open the image in Paint.
- Then go to Home tab, Image Group and then go to Resize
- Here you will get the option to resize the image by Pixels and by Percentage. You can choose any one of them.
- If you choose pixels then the pixel size of the original image are displayed in the boxes below. You can reduce the pixels as per your wish. Make sure that ” Maintain Aspect Ratio” is checked. If it is not checked then the image width/height ratio will be disturbed and you might not like it.
- You can also choose to reduce the image size by percentage. But make sure that “Maintain Aspect Ratio” is checked.
- Once the pixels are reduced, then you can save the file from the File menu. If you choose the “Save” option from “File” menu, then the same image file be replaced with a new image of lesser size. But a better option will be to choose “Save As” option from the file menu, as it will keep both files so that you can compare them later.
Decrease JPG File Size
So here I told you how to decrease the image size by using Paint in Windows. Mostly we use JPG image format to stores files in computers. Its the most widely used image format in all devices such as digital cameras. mobile phones and computers. But Paint can be used to decrease the file size of a number of different formats apart from JPG. Some of these formats are PNG, BMP, and GIF. I hope you can now photo convert into 100 kb.